Thursday, November 22, 2007

Welcome/Bienvenido

For english speakers, read this part:

Welcome to the Out Of Place project blog, this will be a blog that will house a project I've had in mind for some time now. I'm a photographer, and I'm always looking for ways to experiment with photography.

For a while now, I've had this idea of placing funny or unusual objects in places they don't really belong in a conventional or squared way of thinking, the idea of that clash has been appealing to me ever since I got memory.

Originally this idea was supposed to revolve around one thing in particular but I made out a whole concept out of it and it became too big to just be a series of photographs, hopefully you'll see that other project in a near future.

Having moved away from the original idea, I still wanted to do something in the spirit of placing stuff out of its place, I had a few ideas but none of them would seem good enough for me, until one day looking around in my room I spotted a couple of characters that could work perfectly for this project, and since I was in the planning of this, I got them a new member to make a group of 3 characters, and since even those things clash in a nice way between themselves because of how different they are, Im really looking forward to the direction this project will take and the results of it.

So welcome to this project's blog, I hope you like what you'll see and feel free to give input you may come up with. If you post a comment, please tell me where you think the character or characters are in the picture in question, Im really interested in the individual point of view of people who will look at this project's photographs. I may or may not say the actual location of the photograph in turn, but please do tell me what do YOU think of where the picture was taken.

The project will work like this:

I'll take a photograph of the characters involved in this project, sometimes will be the 3 of them, sometimes 2 and sometimes 1, there wont be a fixed pattern of how many characters will appear in one picture, nor of the order in which they will appear, a character may have a streak of pictures or not, its really random.

From time to time, guest characters may appear in the photographs, this project won't stick strictly to the 3 main characters in the sense that only them can appear in the photos, a guest can also appear as long as one of the main characters appears with it.

Everytime there's a new update, it will be of one photograph (this is in order not to overload the blog and make it slow for people using slow internet connections), hopefully the blog will be updated every week, but I don't guarantee this since I'm busy most of the time, but Ill try to make it weekly.

When a new photograph is uploaded, you can post a comment regarding what you think about it or where you think the picture was shot, no rudeness of ANY kind will be tolerated, posts that contain rudeness will be deleted with no hesitation, play nice.

In case you wonder why this blog will be updated in two languages (english and spanish), its because there are people who speak spanish but not english that will also look at this project and I want them to understand what is it about. I would update in other languages, but for the moment I'm just bilingual, so this will have to do for the moment.

And before I forget, ALL, and I mean ALL the pictures you'll see here are digital, but with NO edition or alterations whatsoever, there wont be NO Photoshop work done to them or editing or whatever, some of you won't like this and some of you will like it, I understand both sides, but I work without editing the photographs, so any picture you see here, wont have any editing done to it.

In case I see that this blog has a good share of replies, I may held up a contest or a poll of who has the most original idea of where the picture was shot or who was the most accurate to guess where the shot was actually done at.

As of now I think thats all, but if I think of something else, Ill let you know.

Welcome!

English part ends here.

Para los que hablan español:

Bienvenido al blog del proyecto Fuera De Lugar, este blog sera el hogar de un proyecto que he tenido en mi mente por algun tiempo. Soy fotografo, y siempre estoy buscando formas de experimentar con la fotografia.

Desde hace un rato he tenido la idea de colocar objetos inusuales o graciosos en lugares a los que no pertenecen realmente pensando en una forma convencional, la idea del choque entre objetos y lugares que no son relacionados es algo que siempre me ha interesado desde que tengo memoria.

Originalmente esta idea estaba diseñada para enfocarse en una cosa muy en particular, pero hize un concepto muy diferente para esa cosa que evoluciono a otro proyecto y se volvio tan grande que una serie de fotografias no seria suficiente para ese proyecto, el cual espero puedas ver en un futuro cercano.

Habiendome alejado de la idea original, aun asi quize hacer algo que tuviera que ver con poner cosas fuera de su lugar, tuve unas cuantas ideas pero ninguna que me pareciera lo suficientemente buena, hasta que un dia estaba viendo que en mi cuarto habia dos personajes que servirian perfecto para este proyecto, y ya que estaba en la planeacion de esto, les consegui un nuevo miembro para hace un grupo de 3 personajes. Y los personajes chocan (de una manera muy agradable) entre ellos mismos por lo diferentes que son. Estoy muy interesado en ver la direccion que este proyecto toma y los resultados de el.

Asi que se bienvenido al blog de este proyecto, espero que te guste lo que veras y sientete libre de darme tus comentarios al respecto. Si añades un comentario, por favor dime en donde crees que el personaje o los personajes estan en la foto que estes viendo, estoy muy interesado en el punto de vista individual de cualquiera que vea las fotografias de este proyecto. Es posible que diga o no la locacion exacta de la fotografia en turno, pero por favor si dime en donde crees TU que la fotografia se tomo.

El proyecto funcionara de la siguiente forma:

Tomare una fotografia de los personajes involucrados en este proyecto, a veces seran los 3 de ellos, a veces 2 y a veces 1, no habra un patron fijo de cuantos personajes apareceran en una foto, ni tampoco lo habra para el orden o frequencia en que aparezcan, un personaje puede que tena una serie de fotos o no, es al azar.

De vez en cuando apareceran personajes invitados en las fotos, este proyecto no se apegara estrictamente a los 3 personajes principales en el sentido de que solo ellos pueden aparecer en las fotos, un invitado puede aparecer siempre y cuando aparazca un personaje principal con el.

Cada vez que haya una actualizacion, sera de una fotografia (esto para no sobrecargar el blog y hacerlo lento para gente usando conexiones de internet lentas), espero poder actualizar el blog semanalmente, pero no lo garantizo ya que estoy ocupado la mayoria del tiempo, pero tratare de hacerlo semanalmente.

Cuando suba una fotografia, puedes hacer un comentario de lo que piensas de la foto o en donde crees que la foto se tomo, pero no se tolerara comentarios hostiles o groseros de NINGUN tipo, comentario que contenga insultos sera borrado sin dudar, asi que se amable.

En caso de que te preguntes por que este blog sera actualizado en dos lenguajes (español e ingles), es por que hay personas que hablan ingles pero no español que tambien querran ver este proyecto y quiero que entiendan de que se trata. Actualizaria en otros lenguajes, pero por el momento solo soy bilingüe, asi que tendra que servir por ahora.

Y antes de que se me olvide, TODAS, y digo TODAS las fotos que veas aqui son digitales, pero SIN edicion o alteraciones de ningun tipo sin excepcion, NO habra trabajo de Photoshop hecho en las fotos o edicion o lo que sea, a algunos no les gustara esto y algunos si, y entiendo los dos lados, pero yo trabajo sin editar las fotografias, asi que cualquier foto que veas aqui, no tendra ninguna edicion ni nada.

En caso de que vea que este blog tiene un bien nivel de respuesta de la gente, es posible que haga un concurso o encuesta de quien tuvo la idea mas original de donde se tomo la foto o quien es el que estuvo mas cerca de decir el lugar.

Por ahora creo que es todo, pero si pienso en algo mas, les hare saber.

¡Bienvenido/a!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The gang wants your toughts, leave them a message!/La pandilla quiere saber que piensas, ¡dejales un mensaje!