Thursday, July 10, 2008

Questions You (May) Have About Out Of Place (But You Are Too Shy To Ask)

This text can be considered as a FAQ.


1. - Why Out Of Place isn’t a comic strip like the rest out there? (With dialogues in balloons, several panels, from left to right, etc)

Because Out Of Place doesn't follow the same patterns other comics do. I like to do new things, not following the established patterns. Even though there are thousands of comic strips out there (and some of them I like a lot), I don't like doing mine the traditional way for a few reasons:

1. - Part of the trick in this is to let YOU, the reader, interact with the story. I present you the story I made in my head, but you can come up with something else just by looking at the picture, and that gives depth to the picture, because is no longer my vision, but yours as well. If several people do that, we got a lot of stories from the same picture. Out Of Place began like a project but now it’s a photo comic, but I still appreciate the input or views or ideas from the readers.

2. - This is the way I wanted to do my comic

3. - This format is designed for you to sit down for a while, relax and just read the story along, entertaining you for a while. For a lot of people it may seem a lot to read, but it actually isn’t, once you get into it, you’ll be done before you know it.


2. - When is Out Of Place updated?

Out Of Place is updated every Friday

3. - Why you chose the name "Out Of Place"?


Because when the project began in November 2007, the main premise was to take pictures of toys where they don’t belong at, therefore they are "out of place".

4. - What made you decide to present the comic in seasons?

I like how on TV shows a story is told throughout the season, or several stories, and how when the season ends, the story ends or it can continue during the next season. The time in between seasons works to leave the viewer in a standby point and to give it a rest, when the new season starts, the viewer is fresh and ready for the next things to come.

5. - So this means the time inactive between seasons is necessary?

Absolutely, to you it may seem inactive, but behind the screen that time is spent in producing the story for the following season, the photos, the texts, looking what changes can be done for the blog, among other things. So yes, it’s necessary.

6.- Who produces the blog?

Me, I do everything regarding the production of this blog, sometimes I do get help from friends in different aspects of a chapter production, like helping me to take the pictures, come up with an idea for the story, giving me feedback on the blog’s look, etc.

Id have a credit section somewhere, but it would be pretty redundant.

7. - Why did you choose Batman, Felix The Cat and Crash Bandicoot as the main characters?

I
wanted to have a cast that have nothing in common regarding personality to accentuate the “out of place” feeling, I’ve experienced that when you are in a place you don’t belong at, with people you don’t know, you feel as out of place as you can feel. I wanted to portray that with the mix of characters.

And the three of them have been special to me ever since I was a kid.


8. - Do you accept donations?

Yes, all donations are welcome to expand the cast, improve gear or just be nice with me ;)

Mail me if you want to make one.

9. - Do you accept donations of stuffed toys or toys in general so they appear in your blog?

Yes, I’m always willing to incorporate new characters into the blog and I’ll welcome any new toy that I can get. Ill provide home and stardom to any toys donated.

10. - Do you accept suggestions or ideas you can incorporate into the story?

Yes, I’m always open to listen to ideas that readers of this blog have that can be used for a chapter, if you got an idea, either just an idea or an elaborated idea, send me a mail and we’ll work to get it published.

Of course, any suggestions or ideas from readers that I use will be credited to the person who brought it up.


11. - Why is Crash the only one able to understand Stitches?

As of now, there is not answer as to why Crash is the only one who understands Stitches' noises and the rest of us can't. Hopefully the mystery will be cleared at some point.

To contact me, send an email to: diegoraigozanunez@gmail.com

If you have a question not answered here, please let me know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The gang wants your toughts, leave them a message!/La pandilla quiere saber que piensas, ¡dejales un mensaje!